Back to current Forecast issue
Verification of Experimental Seasonal Summary Forecast for UK area, Feb Mar Apr 2014 - compiled 11 June 2014
Met Office Anomaly Graphs
Met Office Monthly Anomaly Charts
CPC data sown but caution with rain percentages.UK data shws F wel above normal rain, but Mar and APR drier than normal in some areas. Temps above normal.
Follow links above to orignal forecast summary for more detail of forecast.
DATA available in JAN 2014 for FMA 2014
The comment summary for normal or above temps and rain was OK.
1. Russia: Temp OK rain not so good
2. USA - FSU : poor
3. USA - CFS2 : later runs gave better temp signal rain mixed signal but normal or above was OK
4. UKMO : good with temps - PPN OK some indication of lower values in W/Eire
5. UKMO Contingency - good signal
6. USA - IRI : temp OK rain no indication
7. KMA : temps good ppn fair
8. JMA - good temps ppn fair
9. NMME - temps ok ppn trend ok
9a. IMME - temps ok ppn trend ok<
10. BCC - emps: warmer than expected range but above normal was indicated PPN: not so good.
DATA available in DEC 2013 for for FMA 2014
Summary OK. CFS2 rain useful
DATA available in NOV 2013 for for FMA 2014
Summary OK PPn main problem area
Mail Mike here